It is the second week of the CSA (community supported agriculture) and we are enjoying the farm fresh produce. This week we received new potatoes, peaches, zucchini, and yellow summer squash.
Zucchini and Yellow Summer Squash
Zucchini is a type of summer squash that can be dark or light green. Squash are botanically a fruit but are treated as vegetables in savory dishes
Zucchini and Yellow Summer Squash Recipes
- Baked Summer Squash serve as a side dish or over pasta
- Baked Zucchini Coins My daughters love these coins. They are a great afternoon snack. You can make a large batch and freeze some for another time.
- Clean Eating Zucchini Bread If your zucchini is very watery you can gently squeeze the grated zucchini in a thin dish towel or cheese cloth. I have always loved zucchini bread and I look forward to trying this recipe.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites Here is another snack idea or side dish.
- Zucchini Carpaccio A light and refreshing was to have zucchini.
- Zucchini Lasagna You can make to batches and freeze one for later.
- Grilled Yellow Squash If desired, you can replace the garlic oil with plain olive oil.