I would like to thank http://cutesycrafts.com/2014/02/eraser-stamped-st-patricks-day-shirt.html for the idea and template for our shirts. She suggests using wax paper and ironing it onto the shirt. This did not work for me. I could not get the wax paper to stick so I used thin cardboard.
- print and cut out the template
- trace the template on to the thin cardboard or card stock
- cut out the pattern and tape to the shirt. I used packing tape and placed the tape on the back of the pattern.
- place a piece of wax paper inside of the shirt so the paint does not bleed through to the back
- using a pencil eraser and green fabric paint, place dots all around the pattern, place the dots farther apart as you get further away for the pattern
- allow the shirt to dry and then enjoy!