It is the first week of the CSA (community supported agriculture) and we are excited for farm fresh produce. This week we received lettuce, cucumbers, and kohlrabi.
Kohlrabi is a root vegetable that it is delicious raw or cooked. If the greens are still attached you can serve them raw in a salad or sautéed like mustard greens. Kohlrabi has a tough outer layer that should be peeled of with a knife or vegetable peeler.
- Kohlrabi and Carrot Slaw
- Kohlrabi and Carrot Fritters with Avocado Cream Sauce
- Mashed Cauliflower and Kohlrabi This is a great substitute for mashed potatoes. I am not a fan of cauliflower but this recipe is delicious!!
- Baked Kohlrabi Fries with Chili Powder and Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Baked Kohlrabi Fries with Greek Tzatziki
- Crisp Apple and Kohlrabi Salad
Excited to see what next week’s CSA bag brings!